Find us on facebook

Friday, December 2, 2011

Primavera Sound 2012, still hoping

Right after the Primavera Club 2011 ends, the organization announces new names for the forthcoming festival, and in a double round. So the line-up in Barcelona has now 27 names... and I'm still looking for at least one to make me eager for the Festival to begin.

Don't get me wrong, the additions of Veronica Falls and Beach House (especially if the latest have new record) are great, but they aren't exactly exciting, in the sense I saw both bands recently (at the aforementioned Primavera Club and at the Fly Me to the Moon). And the rest of confirmations... with all due respect of course, and admitting there are some great names... the majority of them are simply not "my cup of tea". And it pisses me off that The Walkmen, a band that I don't mind "repeating" as many times as possible (two times this 2011), are only going to Oporto.

Really hoping (I'm sure it will) the line-up shapes into something more similar to my "PS12 sweepstake" (only two hits by now) or my "wish-list"!

CONFIRMED ARTISTS FOR SAN MIGUEL PRIMAVERA SOUND 2012
30th May – 3rd June, Barcelona

Archers Of Loaf, Beach House, Björk, Codeine, Death Cab For Cutie, Death In Vegas, The Dirty Three, The Drums, Godflesh, Guided By Voices, Jeff Mangum (Neutral Milk Hotel), Josh T. Pearson, Lisabö, Mudhoney, Neon Indian, Numbers Showcase (Jackmaster, Redinho, Spencer, Oneman, Deadboy), The Olivia Tremor Control, Other Lives, SBTRKT, Shellac, Siskiyou, Spiritualized, Veronica Falls, Washed Out, Wilco, The xx, Yo La Tengo.

Green- Definetely seeing them. Absolute must
Orange- If there are no overlaps (in particular with the green ones), I'll be there for sure
Yellow- Curious about it/"on research mode"

No comments:

Post a Comment