Find us on facebook

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Primavera Sound 2012: a timetable's drama

The long awaited (and quite troubled) Primavera Sound 2012 timetables are here. Being honest, I expected some tough overlaps, but not to this extent. What a drama. Still pending on a couple of things, like the Primavera als Parcs or the Apolo bands on Wednesday night, but for the first attempt, this is what my PS 2012 looks like:

Wednesday, May 30th, Arc de Triomf
19:00 Jeremy Jay
20:00 The Wedding Present plays Seamonsters
21:20 The Walkmen
22.40 Black Lips
Pending on when will the shows at Apolo start, because I would like to see Chairlift. But very happy The Walkmen has been added to the line-up!

Thursday, May 31st, Parc del Fòrum
17:00 Doble Pletina (Vice stage)
18:20 Baxter Dury (San Miguel stage)
20:40 The Afghan Whigs (San Miguel)
21:50 Mazzy Star (Ray-Ban stage)
23:15 Beirut (Mini stage)
01:45 Franz Ferdinand (San Miguel stage)
First chapter of the "drama". Before The Afghan Whigs I don't have any "mandatory" band but then the headaches begin.Will have time to see the full show of The Afghan and be also on the first row for Mazzy Star? Wilco and Dominant Legs (maybe partially) will be sacrificed for Beirut, and I'm afraid I won't be able to watch Spiritualized because of Franz Ferdinand either...

Friday, June 1st, Parc del Fòrum
16:00 Nick Garrie (Auditori)
17:15 Laura Marling (Auditori)
18:50 The Chameleons (Ray-Ban)
20:30 I Break Horses (All Tomorrow's Parties)
21:45 Big Star's Third (Auditori)
02:00 The Rapture (San Miguel)
After Laura Marling, I won't have time for Jeff Mangum as I will go for The Chameleons, then I will have to decide between I Break Horses and Lower Dens (exactly the same hour). And then, major disaster: Christina Rosenvinge, The War on Drugs and half the show of The Cure will have to be sacrificed for Big Star's Third (can miss seeing R.E.M.'s Mike Mills again). Before The Rapture gig, I guess I will decide between M83 or Codeine.

Saturday, June 2nd, Parc del Fòrum
18.10 Sharon Van Etten (San Miguel)
20:30 Kings of Convenience (San Miguel)
22:00 Real Estate (Pitchfork)
23:15 Chromatics (Pitchfork)
00:45 Yo La Tengo (Mini)
I highly doubt I will be able to make for Jeff Mangum at 19:00 at the Auditorium, which would be the desired options, I guess I'll end watching Veronica Falls (which I was hoping to see at the Primavera al Parc). But the frustration will be nothing compared with the tragedy that follows: Real Estate or Beach House?

Sunday, June 3rd, Arc de Triomf
20:00 Nacho Vegas
21:10 Yann Tiersen
22:30 Richard Hawley
Probably be there before, but the fact I would rather die instead of hearing Joe Crepúsculo again makes me very very careful about it.

As I said, this is just a dramatic draft version. Allow me  to heal the wounds with "We Can't Be Beat", another mesmerizing tune from "Heaven", the forthcoming album of The Walkmen. Goosebumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment