Find us on facebook

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Indie Anthology 9: essential songs

We are back with our anthology with one of, in my opinion, one of the best songs Spanish alternative history can offer. It's being a tough week, so I needed an important, pivotal song, where lyrics and music melt, recognise the wounds and try to heal them.

SongNunca Me Entero de Nada
Artist: Los Planetas
Year: 2004

I'm not a proper Los Planetas fan, but it would be stupid not to recognise them among the most brave, intriguing and stimulating bands this country has. My problem is, aside their remarkable (but not my taste) latest move towards mixing flamenco with indie-pop, that I don't enjoy their records as I do with many of their songs. But if we talk about tunes, the band from Granada has munition to compete with anyone. To me, "Nunca Me Entero de Nada" might be their finest hour. An hypnotical, circular melody, with an abyssal lyric, about betrayal in a vanishing relation. So true, so poignant. Emotional, inner epic. Besides, makes me remember very special friends, particularly missed in difficult times.

No comments:

Post a Comment