Find us on facebook

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Primavera Sound 2014: first impressions

And the DAY arrived, the Primavera Sound 2014 unveiled its line-up yesterday night. The movie was so-so imo (too short to make their story appealing) and the theatre was too full of hipster/posers only worried to identify the band names that made it hard to follow, but anyway, that's understandable. PS organisers offered quite a night (for free) to guests, so many thanks in that sense. 

But let’s go to key question. The #BestLineUpEver? No way. But it's a very interesting, diverse, and with a lot of potential line-up. Except Friday (The National & Slowdive, oh yes, oh yes), it’s the year I’m more disinterested with headliners. As a matter of fact, Thursday’s big names are ok for me, Friday are excellent, and Saturday are… annoying. It’s also worrying bands/hypes like Disclosure, Volcano Choir or Haim are so high in the line-up instead of groups like Midlake, Real Estate, Dum Dum Girls. So more than ever, I’ll happily focus on the "middle & lower class" of the line-up, where names like The Julie Ruin, Hospitality, Courtney Barnett or my dear Sharon Van Etten appear. Crossing my fingers overlaps have mercy this edition. They are going to make the difference between an ok Festival or an unforgettable one.

When timetables are confirmed, I'll add our plan for Wednesday and Sunday, but right now for SURE I'm going to La Castanya showcase (Me and the Bees!) and Primavera als Parcs, which looks stunning! But right now, here's how my (our) Primavera Sound 2014 looks like...

Green- Definetely seeing them. Absolute must
Yellow- If there are no overlaps (in particular with the green ones), I'll be there for sure
Orange- Curious about it/"on research mode"

No comments:

Post a Comment