Find us on facebook

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Alela Diane & Basia Bulat are back!

July is almost over, but before August arrives, I have to highlight some of the most exciting new releases, announcements known in the last days... some favourites included! Just for a matter of music styles/genre, I divided this post in two. First, folk, with an indiepop update coming as quickly as I can...

Two of my favourite folk artists are returning to scene. Alela Diane's new album, "About Farewell" just came out the last week of June and, for what I just been able to hear, it looks like an intense, confessional ("Blood On the Tracks anyone?) and devastating piece of music. Can't wait to listen it fully. Here's the outstanding homonym track, "About Farewell".


And speaking about intensity and incredible voices, a major announcement (at least to me). My beloved Basia Bulat is back! She recently posted on her website that the new album's title will be "Tall Tall Shadow" will be released on October 1st, alongside with the elegant, solemn artwork of the LP. Judging for the title track you can hear below, its going to be another unmissable one. What an impressive finale the tune has! What a voice! Counting down the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment