Find us on facebook

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Stop Awful Covers 9

Here we go again, this is a nightmare that never seems to end... the disaster goes on and on. When selecting this latest chapter of the Awful Covers Series I had hundreds of horrible covers to choose among... Bad taste spreading. Please musicians, think about what you are doing to your art. Please stop...

ARTWORK ATROCITIES
Phoenix: Bankrupt!
Sure the nicest  cover of the lot, but the French band's new sleeve is seriously disappointing . Looks inviting to you? To me looks really boring...

Keaton Henson: Birthdays
Nothing to celebrate with that disgusting figurine on top of a cake.

 The Night Marchers:  Allez! Allez!
Where do I begin? Creepy, disgusting, lame, _____ (add your own).

Strange Talk: Cast Away
The more I look, the more I'm convinced the Empire of the Sun' folks  will appear anytime soon  from behind that .... well, thing.

Teen Suicide: Rarities, Unreleased Stuff, And Cool Things
Where do I begin, part 2? This is just ridiculous. Why someone would like to put out a cover like this one?

 
Comanechi: You Owe Me Nothing But Love
I think the band owes their fans an apology for that, too...

  
They Might Be Giants: Nanobots EP
The idea, mixing  classic art with nanobots could have been curious (ejem)... but the results... are not. 

Eric Clapton: Old Sock
"Slow Hand" at his lowest moment. Same person who cheated Neil Young did it again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment