Find us on facebook

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Bob! (Dylan)

Today the blog has arrived to 5.000 visits. A MILLION THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS VISITED IT. Hope you are enjoying it.

By a wonderful coincidence, today is also a very special day to celebrate for any music lover. Today is Bob Dylan's 70th anniversary. And to commemorate such an important date, here goes a playlist (one of the toughest I ever made) with my favourite songs of his entire and formidable career, a career and a myth that goes beyond any other musician. Why 18 songs? Well, I started my relation with Dylan with an old cassette tape a friend gave me. I was 15 then. The cassette has 18 tunes (I still have it), it was a sort of best of. Several songs included there are making this list after many years.

So, Happy Birthday Bob, happy b-day Jokerman!
  1. Like a Rolling Stone
  2. Subterranean Homesick Blues
  3. Tangled Up In Blue
  4. Ballad of a Thin Man
  5. You're a Big Girl Now
  6. It Ain't Me, Babe
  7. Hurricane
  8. Idiot Wind
  9. Tombstone Blues
  10. I Want You
  11. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
  12. Jokerman
  13. Just Like A Woman
  14. Masters of War
  15. Love Minus Zero/No Limit
  16. Lay, Lady, Lay
  17. Ain't Talkin'
  18. Buckets of Rain
Here's the GROOVESHARK playlist (yes, I'm replacing spotify)

No comments:

Post a Comment