Find us on facebook

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Indie Anthology 8: essential songs

Next song in our anthology, with a wonderful jangle-pop tune. Let's get a bit nostalgic and remember past days of Spring (as we start the season today) of what seems very long time ago now.

Song: Denmark
ArtistThe Ocean Blue
Year: 2000

This band from Hershey, Pennsylvania, started their criminally underrated career by 1987, but I didn't discover them until the release of "Davy Jone's Locker" in 2001. I got myself haunted by "Denmark", with its short, atmospheric intro leaded by the simple drum beat.. and then the entrance of the shimmering guitars. Their bright but melancholic melodies where part of the soundtrack of my last year at university (finishing my degree on Political Science) enjoying the sunny days while catching the train. Restrained epic for a glorious bit of jangle-pop. Seems the band is back. Springtime again?

No comments:

Post a Comment