Paolo Ruiu and Claire Heywood, Young Romance
|The indiepop's romance.|
|Manchester City Rollers|
PAOLO: Oasis, “Roll With It”
CLAIRE: 911, “Bodyshakin'”
2. First and last concert you have attended (be honest too!)
PAOLO: The Counterfeit Beatles / Veronica Falls
CLAIRE: 911 / Bombay Bicycle Club
3. Guilty pleasure (song/band you shouldn’t like but you do, yes, it’s the embarrassing question)
PAOLO: Kanye West, “Bound 2”
CLAIRE: East 17, “It's Alright”
|No, not alright|
PAOLO: Original copy of The Rolling Stones’ “Sticky Fingers”
CLAIRE: Lou Reed’s “Transformer” vinyl.
5. Favorite lyrics (not yours)
PAOLO: The Strokes, “Someday”: "Alone we stand, together we fall apart, I think I'll be alright. I'm working so I won't have to try so hard, tables they turn sometimes".
CLAIRE: Mystery Jets, “Flakes”: "The trouble with dreams, they're not what they seem, cause when you awake they fall through your fingers in flakes".
|Phil Spector, aka "The Hair"|
PAOLO: Phil Spector, David Bowie, Keith Richards, Kate Bush
CLAIRE: Elvis, Lou Reed, Ringo Starr, Tina Turner
7. Favorite artwork album (not yours)
PAOLO: The Madcap Laughs– “Syd Barret”
CLAIRE: The Ramones– “S/T”
8. Books or movies? Depending on your answer recommend us one (trick: you can choose both)
PAOLO: Films - "The Godfather 2"
CLAIRE: Books - Oscar Wilde - "The Picture of Dorian Gray" / Daphne Du Maurier - "My Cousin Rachel"
9. Song (of yours) you are most proud of
PAOLO: "Follow On Your Own"
10. What’s does it mean indie for you? (yes, the “serious question”)
BOTH: Not compromising personal ideas for a commercial purpose, therefore having complete creative control.
11. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
BOTH: With a few records out and playing shows to the people who love those records in the way that we do with other bands.
Zillion thanks Claire & Paolo!